- Source : PR Newswire
- Date : 2021-07-22
- Companies : Avantor, Inc.
Avantor Publishes Inaugural Sustainability Report; Drives Positive Impact Through Science for Goodness Platform
RADNOR, Pa., July 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Avantor, Inc. (NYSE: AVTR), a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the life sciences, advanced technologies and applied materials industries, today published its first sustainability report.
The report highlights key actions taken in 2020, as well as initiatives underway to accelerate future sustainability goals that advance the Company's mission of setting science in motion to create a better world.
Avantor's Science for Goodness sustainability platform enhances the Company's framework for creating long-term value by embedding sound environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices throughout its entire business.
"Issuing our first sustainability report is a key milestone that reflects Avantor's unwavering commitment to corporate responsibility and improving the world through science," said Michael Stubblefield, President and CEO of Avantor. "I am inspired by our associates across the globe who are passionately delivering for our customers and working to create a more inclusive and equitable environment for all. We made significant progress in 2020 and we are looking forward to accelerating our sustainability efforts."
Highlights of the Company's progress include continuing to enhance the diversity of its management team; establishing a goal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions within its operations; financially partnering with STEM education and healthcare programs; integrating sustainability practices throughout Avantor's supply chain; and adopting enhancements to shareholder rights to increase engagement and director accountability. The sustainability report also details Avantor's efforts to support companies at the forefront of research, development and production of COVID-19 therapies and vaccines.
Avantor's Science for Goodness platform and its sustainability report align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and are informed by the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board's (SASB) reporting standards. The platform also enables the Company to continually measure and report progress against four key commitment pillars:
- People & Culture is centered on advancing an inclusive and diverse culture of belonging, with Company goals to further increase management diversity and maintain top health and safety performance within the industry.
- Innovation & Environment focuses on creating a sustainable future with smart solutions, including the Company's target to reduce operational greenhouse gas emissions 15% by 20251.
- Through Community Engagement, Avantor is taking action to build a better world through philanthropic giving and volunteerism, with ongoing efforts to improve global access to STEM education and healthcare and increase associate volunteer hours.
- Governance & Integrity focuses on driving strong corporate governance and ensuring the highest standards for quality, service and ethical behavior. Among other initiatives, the Company plans to launch its Avantor Responsible Partner Program in 2021, enhancing expectations and engagement surrounding partner responsibility.
Please visit this site to read Avantor's Sustainability Report. Additional details on the report will be discussed during the Company's previously announced Second Quarter 2021 Earnings call scheduled for Friday, July 30, 2021.
1.Absolute reduction of scope 1 and scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions vs. 2019 baseline.
Avantor®, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. Our global footprint enables us to serve more than 225,000 customer locations and gives us extensive access to research laboratories and scientists in more than 180 countries. We set science in motion to create a better world. For more information, please visit www.avantorsciences.com and find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
SOURCE Avantor and Financial News