- Source : PR Newswire
- Date : 2020-12-17
- Companies : Avantor, Inc.
Avantor Sets Science in Motion for Goodness With Donations and Grants to Community-Based Organizations
RADNOR, Pa., Dec. 17, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Avantor, Inc. (NYSE: AVTR), a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the life sciences, advanced technologies and applied materials industries, is setting science in motion for goodness by giving back to communities across the globe. Avantor is donating more than 1.5 million surgical masks to help protect communities in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, thermometers to support 100 schools across Mumbai and Delhi, as well as dollars to support STEM for girls in Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey. In addition, the Avantor Foundation has distributed nearly $350,000 in grants to organizations around the world that improve healthcare and education for those in need.
"Avantor is driven by our mission to set science in motion to create a better world, helping to create life-changing therapies that improve patient outcomes. We're proud to strengthen communities by extending our mission to address needs in healthcare, education and other critical areas," said Michael Stubblefield, President and CEO at Avantor. "We will continue to support our communities through a science for goodness lens."
Aiding safety and protection in the midst of COVID-19
Avantor is donating thermometers and more than 1.5 million surgical masks to organizations across the globe, including:
- Girls Inc. of Carpinteria: Masks for educators and female students to continue to ignite their passion for STEM fields
- NAEIR: Masks for schools and non-profits across the U.S.
- Project HOPE: Masks to support COVID-19 relief efforts across Armenia
- American India Foundation: Thermometers to support 100 schools across Mumbai and Delhi
Advancing healthcare and STEM education through the Avantor Foundation
The Avantor Foundation recently granted nearly $350,000 to five organizations, including:
- Girls Inc. of Carpinteria: Empowers girls and young women through STEM education in Carpinteria, Calif., U.S., by building a dedicated science lab enabling hands-on learning
- Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey: Inspires girls in grades 8 – 12 through its hands-on educational "Eureka!" STEM program
- Lumity: Provides teens and young adults from underserved communities with transformational experiences that prepare them for lifelong STEM careers through its comprehensive four-year program "STEM Career Prep"
- Project HOME: Expands mobile nursing program with additional nurses to help meet demand among Project HOME residents and those experiencing homelessness
- Project HOPE: Establishes pediatric asthma clinics among secondary and primary hospitals in Shanghai, China, by leveraging resources from Shanghai Children's Medical Center (SCMC)
The Avantor Foundation has donated nearly $4.8 million and awarded more than 500 grants since 2009.
Separately, Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey will use a donation from Avantor to create a video library to introduce high school girls to career and academic opportunities in STEM fields.
"Education for girls in science, technology, engineering and math is paramount at an early age," said Jamie Collins, Executive Director, Girls Inc. of Carpinteria. "The generous donations from Avantor and the Avantor Foundation will enable life-changing programs and experiences that have the potential to shape the future of so many young minds. We are truly grateful for the support."
Learn more about Avantor's community engagement.
Avantor®, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. One of our greatest strengths comes from having a global infrastructure that is strategically located to support the needs of our customers. Our global footprint enables us to serve more than 225,000 customer locations and gives us extensive access to research laboratories and scientists in more than 180 countries. We set science in motion to create a better world. For information, visit For information, visit avantorsciences.com and find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
About the Avantor Foundation
As the philanthropic arm of Avantor, the Avantor Foundation's mission is to create a better world by advancing science education and providing healthcare to the those in need. Since 2009, the Avantor Foundation has been making a difference in the science community by supporting organizations aligned to its mission. Learn more at avantorfoundation.org.
Global Media Contact
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Source: Avantor and Financial News
SOURCE Avantor and Financial News