- Source : Press Release
- Date : 2019-08-13
- Companies : J. B. Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
JB Chemicals Reports Robust Q1 Growth
JB Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (JBCPL) today announced its consolidated
unaudited financial results for the quarter ended on June 30, 2019. The highlight of YoY
results is as under:
Consolidated Financial Performance:
(Rs. in crores)
Other Operating income
Operating Profit (EBIT)
Profit before tax
Profit after tax
EPS (Rs.) (FV 2)
• Sales growth was led by 19.5% growth in domestic formulations business. Calcium
channel blocker products sales significantly contributed the growth. Chronic
segment products sales were 44% of the total sales.
• EBIDTA of 22% for the quarter against 20.27% in the corresponding period in the
previous year. The higher profitability was a result of favourable product mix and
• The increase in other income was mainly on account of higher mark-to-market gain
due to spike in the bond yield during the quarter.
• Domestic Formulations sales at Rs. 192.91 crores registered growth of 19.5%, while
domestic sales of contrast media products at Rs. 13.76 crores were 5.6% higher.
• Formulations exports in Global Business (other than Russia-CIS) at Rs.107.74 crores
registered growth of 6.2%, while exports to Russia-CIS market at Rs. 34.16 crores
registered growth of 19.82%.
• Sales by Company's South African subsidiary at Rs. 38.69 crores were lower by
9.5% due to lower private market sales and exports.
JBCPL, one of India's leading pharmaceutical companies, manufactures & markets a
diverse range of pharmaceutical formulations, herbal remedies and APIs. JBCPL exports
to many countries worldwide with presence in US, Europe, Australia, South Africa, other
developing countries, Russia and CIS. The Company continues to invest in growing its
share in the regulated markets such as USA, Europe and Australia. JBCPL has a strong R
& D and regulatory set-up for development of new drug delivery system and
formulations, filing of ANDAs and DMFs. Its State-of-the-Art manufacturing facilities are
approved by health authorities of important regulated markets.
For more information on JBCPL visit our website at www.jbcpl.com . For more details, you
Company Secretary and Vice President- Compliance
JB Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
91 22 2439 5311
-- x --
Forward Looking Statements:
This Press Release may contain Forward Looking Statements regarding future events and future performance of JB
Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd. that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ
materially from those that may be indicated by such statements.