- Source : PR Newswire
- Date : 2020-10-15
- Companies : Quva Pharma, Inc.
QuVa Pharma Announces Availability of Intravenous Dexamethasone to Support Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients
SUGAR LAND, Texas, Oct. 15, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- QuVa Pharma, Inc. confirms its ability to provide Dexamethasone Phosphate as a compounded sterile product in a ready-to-administer IV bag, under FDA Drug Shortage guidelines. QuVa Pharma's Dexamethasone Phosphate is a compounded sterile product (CSP) available as 6 mg in 25 ml 0.9% sodium chloride IV bag and is now available to be ordered.
"Dexamethasone phosphate has been listed on FDA's Drug Shortages list, as well as their list of compounded drugs for hospitalized COVID-19 patients," said Stuart Hinchen, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer at QuVa. "QuVa is committed to supporting hospitals as they advance quality patient care, and a ready-to-administer intravenous presentation will enable hospitals to meet their patient care needs while their pharmaceutical supply chain for this product improves."
Dexamethasone for Critically-ill Covid-19 patients
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel1 and the World Health Organization (WHO)2 updated their recommendations to include systemic corticosteroids, like Dexamethasone 6 mg daily, for hospitalized patients with severe and critical COVID-19. Additionally, following the results of the UK RECOVERY trial3, the European Medicines Agency's drug evaluation committee, CHMP, has endorsed Dexamethasone use, 6 mg once per day for up to 10 days, for hospitalized COVID-19 patients who require oxygen4.
Peter Jenkins, Co-founder and Chief Development Officer added, "COVID-19 demonstrates how a uniquely positioned 503B services platform like QuVa can quickly respond to hospitals' pharmaceutical needs and support them in improving patient care. We are proud to be a responsive, full-service partner with product development capabilities that enable us to meet our customers' clinical needs."
For more information, please visit QuVa's website or follow QuVa on LinkedIn.
About QuVa Pharma, Inc.
QuVa Pharma is a nationally recognized, industry-leading, cGMP compliant FDA registered 503B manufacturing platform and partner of choice for compliance-oriented healthcare facilities looking to ensure a quality, safe, and consistent supply of medications. The company offers a broad portfolio of ready-to-administer products across pain management, anesthesia and OR syringes, anti-infectives, labor and delivery, cardiovascular therapeutic areas, and others. All products are distributed only once sterility and potency testing are successfully completed, and with validation supporting appropriate Beyond Use Dating (BUD). The company is committed to having a patient-safety orientation, as well as a robust product portfolio, leading compliance and safety standards, and being collaborative and transparent in service of their customers.
For product ordering inquiries, please contact QuVa Pharma Customer Service at 888.339.0874 or via email at: [email protected].
For media inquiries, please contact:
1. National Institutes of Health. (2020, August 27). NIH COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines. https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/immune-based-therapy/immunomodulators/corticosteroids/
2. World Health Organization. (2020, September 2). WHO updates clinical care guidance with corticosteroid recommendations. https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-updates-clinical-care-guidance-with-corticosteroid-recommendations
3. The RECOVERY Collaborative Group. (2020, July 17). Dexamethasone in hospitalized patients with COVID-19—preliminary report. The New England Journal of Medicine. https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2021436
4. European Medicines Agency (2020, September 18). EMA endorses use of dexamethasone in COVID-19 patients on oxygen or mechanical ventilation. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ema-endorses-use-dexamethasone-covid-19-patients-oxygen-mechanical-ventilation#:~:text=Based%20on%20the%20review%20of,(drip)%20into%20a%20vein
SOURCE QuVa Pharma, Inc.